<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

To Do 

My boss writes a to do list for himself every morning when he gets to work and meticulously completes each item by the end of the day. I on the other hand go in each morning and pray I don't forget any of the million things I've told myself needed to get done the day before. I guess that's part of why we make such a good team. He's the technical one, the one who knows the rules so well that they bend for him, he's a perfectionist that can at times be impatient but I can always count on him to make sure everything is done and that it's done right. I'm the innovator and the sympathiser, I've spent whole days playing with and making spreadsheets that I'll probably never use, but that's ok, cause Gary (above mentioned boss) will use them. I'm the one that comes to the team members with the gentle reminders of things they shouldn't be doing,or should be doing better..."Now Jack, (name changed to protect the...well, I don't know if they're innocent or not, I've never asked) you can't put your headset down and walk away while you have someone on the phone, I know you're stressed out but we pay you to talk to them." All said with a reassuring but totally non-sexual harrasing pat on the arm.

So, with all that in mind I thought I might try a to do list of my own so here goes:

1. Get into City of Heroes Beta- I am so jazzed about this superhero roleplaying game, I check my email constantly to see if my Beta invitation is there.

2. Finish training my new Team Lead- She's doing a good job so far, just have to make sure she's ready for her first night alone on the floor this Saturday

3. Get my car back- Said car is currently in the transmission shop. It's fixed mind you, but I have to give them another 300 before I can have my car back. At least they haven't sold it.

4. Do something nice for the supervisors- Every time the supervisors in other groups at my office have food, they invite me. I need to make something like a cake for them, probably Orange Crush cake.

5. Finish: Final Fantasy X,Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy IX (yes, it's a lower priority than 10 even though it's been out longer) Dark Cloud, Grand Theft Auto, Freelancer, Neverwinter Nights- Ok so I'm a little behind on my non-continual games.

6. Go see Prince- Biloxi, May, Floor tickets...life is good

7. Sew- I made a dress. I enjoyed it. It was actually cheaper to sew the dress than it would have been to buy it at a store. This is a nice way for me to perk up my wardrobe a bit and make it a little more girly then, maybe I can.....

8. Get a date- I work in an office of around a thousand employees, none of them dating material. Well, the ones that are are taken. I need to go shopping in revealing tops more often.

9. Finish Phred's and my top secret Christmas project- Not allowed to say any more on that one, sorry.

10. Write- other than my sporadic ravings here, I haven't written anything in years and I'm afraid I'm getting rusty. I have stories kicking around in my head trying to get out, but I just never seem to have the time to set them down on paper.

11. Go back to school- This is that thing. That thing I keep putting off...my hours are bad for goiong to school, I don't have the money, I'm not ready to commit. I have got to stop with the copouts and just go back to school. But I must solve the major dilemma of the major. I'm looking at two right now and if you're lucky, I'll remember to discuss it on these pages next time, but you see how that's going with the promised topics.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?