<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 01, 2004

Scent of a Gamer 

Ok, I know I was supposed to talk about how I rose up out of my own GG-dom to become the moderately socialized creature of the real world. I was ready to relate the tale of my days in high school and jr. high school convinced that an evil wizard was coming to Florida.....just for me and my friends....because we were powerful. I knew this because the Ouija board told us and everyone knows that no one ever pushes them. We're not going to talk about that now though.


I went to the comic book store. That in itself is actually a pretty regular thing. Some of my comic books are on a writing upswing, rekindling my love for the genre, so I am once again hitting the store on a bi-weekly basis. My comic book store used to be a nice, clean, well-lit, and altogether pleasant enough place. Then, they opened it up to evening gaming.

They were all over the place, the card gamers, the miniature gamers; no D&D or live action though. Coming in just past the front door it hit me like a wall. A wall of stench! It was bad. Really, really bad. The miniature gamers were spread out with boards over the back issue boxes, to my ongoing chagrin, and the card gamers were holed up on the floor by the new issue racks.

My dilemma lay with getting to the new issue racks. It is customary to at least pick up the latest issue of X-men to see if it still sucks as bad as it has over the last few years. (It does, but here's hoping for some improvement on the horizon) The smell was at it's worst in the back. Phred (you'll get to know him well if you stick around, he's like my husband but without the sex, the ring, or the tax break) had to make for some fresh air as dinner threatened a return. I clammed up, willed the sinuses closed as I made my purchases and joined my Phred in the clean outdoors.

I hate the fact that my first two posts are complaining about my fellow gamers, but I guess I set myself up for it with my title. It just makes me sad and a little hopeless. I'd like to settle down with a nice guy that games, video games, role-playing games, card games....heck I'll even take a nice guy that plays live action Vampire for a deity's sake but please! bathe. It's a simple request, but it is the first step to overcoming the antisocial tendencies of being a GG. I think tomorrow if I don't get distracted I'll talk about what games I actually play. So now you can spend all day thinking about that and I'll have something else to talk about by the time I get to my computer.

On a side note, I'm a little proud tonight, I used real html to make my bold italics and that little line between my first two paragraphs. Now you know why my email address is an AOL account :-).


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?